Sustainable Energy provides technical advice and implementation support for the installation of Low Carbon Combined Heat and Power (CHP) systems (cogeneration). Our project experience includes delivery of gas fired CHP schemes, biogas CHP installations and biomass CHP. We have considerable design experience of projects utilising reciprocating engines, gas turbines, Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) and steam cycle turbines.
- Initial assessment involves investigation of site heat and power demand profiles and the use of in-house proprietary CHP modelling software to assess sizing and design solutions for single building/process or district heating schemes
- Detailed business case assessments consider opportunities for private wire electricity sale, energy cost savings and all applicable government incentives
- As ‘Client’s Engineer’ during implementation phase, we ensure that plant size and technology selection are based on sound, impartial, technical knowledge and experience, so that our clients have the best possible solution to meet their specific requirements
- We undertake CHPQA applications, grid connection applications, ROC applications for renewable generation plant and manage G59 testing
- Our experience extends to Trigeneration projects with cooling applications via adsorption chilling