With renewable energy and carbon reduction targets critical to National and Local Government agendas, there are numerous grants, incentives and assistance schemes available for projects. While this supports project development, the application and accreditation processes can be lengthy and daunting.
Over the past 18 years, Sustainable Energy has helped hundreds of clients to identify and secure funding for energy projects and achieve accreditation under schemes such as RHI, ROCs, FITs, CHPQA and CfD.
Sustainable Energy has been directly responsible for the accreditation of more than 200 renewable heating schemes with installations ranging from 50kW to 20MW. Sustainable Energy has managed the RHI application and accreditation of over a quarter of all accredited ‘large biomass tariff’ schemes in the UK, plus many other complex, multi-technology systems such as steam boilers, large scale thermal oil systems, biogas plants and biomethane projects.
Sustainable Energy adopts a proactive approach to help ensure clients meet deadlines and enter accurate and complete submissions to avoid risks ahead of the closure of the ROC scheme. We advise on Contracts for Difference (CfD) and are making preparations for applications and advising clients on eligibility and structures for securing the contracts.
Our compliance and accreditation services include:
- Advising on initial and ongoing scheme compliance
- Completion of application process
- ‘Independent Report on Metering Arrangements’
- Complete ‘Renewable Heat Incentive Bureau Service’ covering the quarterly or monthly online submissions, ongoing verification of readings/meter function, annual validations, sustainability reporting, meter calibrations, preparations for annual sustainability audits
- Design and verification of heat meter arrangements and resolution of existing meter compliance issues
- Renewable Obligation support
- ROC uplifts and Grandfathering measures
- Quality Accreditation for CHP schemes (natural gas fired or renewable fuel systems)
- Ensuring readiness for CfD applications and upcoming auctions