Sustainable Energy was lead project consultant for the initial project development of the Western Wood Energy 14MWe biomass power plant in Port Talbot, South Wales.
Sustainable Energy advised the client from initial project conception onwards, providing:
- Initial project feasibility assessment
- Business planning
- Sourcing and securing of grant funding
- Setting up of wood fuel contracts
- Submission and securing of planning permission
- Collation of supporting information to facilitate environmental permitting
The plant has been successfully operating since 2008, saving 47,000 tonnes of carbon per year and supplying electricity to circa 31,000 homes.