Sustainable Energy has delivered impartial technical consultancy services for biomass energy projects for over 18 years and has collective biomass industry experience of over 50 years within the current team.
- Our biomass projects include multi-megawatt power systems, combined heating and cooling projects, large scale district heating and small scale biomass heating
- We can provide all of the services required for the development of wood energy projects for applications of heat, electricity generation and CHP
- We provide technical support throughout all project phases including initial feasibility assessment, full system design to best practice, Client’s Engineer role during installation and handover and system monitoring and management post-installation
- We have assisted clients to develop strategies for large scale wood fuel procurement, small scale fuel production and fuel management systems and have developed Fuel Measurement and Sampling procedures to meet RHI Sustainability compliance for a variety of biomass fuels including woody biomass, farmyard wastes and food production residues READ MORE ABOUT WOOD FUEL STRATEGY SERVICES
- Sustainable Energy has been at the forefront of developing best practice in the biomass sector and has worked with the Wood Heat Association, DECC and Carbon Trust on the development of best practice design, application and training in the biomass industry
- We have been directly responsible for the RHI accreditation of over 300 biomass projects, with plant sizes ranging from 20MW down to 50kW; our services included system sizing and design, development of RHI metering arrangement and completion of the RHI application process and Independent Report on Metering Arrangements READ MORE ABOUT INDEPENDENT REPORT ON METERING ARRANGEMENTS
- We have experience in all areas of electricity generation via Steam Cycle and Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC), including scoping studies, development of power contracts, outline design and planning, technology assessment and due diligence