We provide feasibility assessments, technical advice, design (to RIBA stage 4), and implementation support for the installation of a range of heat pump technologies. Our projects have included waste water heat recovery, large scale closed loop bore field, and open source aquifers for large scale heat pump applications for decentralised schemes.
Designing buildings for compatibility with low temperature district energy schemes is combined with our detailed knowledge and experience of assessing heat sources including marine, river, and mines water source as well as innovative bore hole and ambient source heat pumps.
We are independent of suppliers and advise and design for a wholistic approach to heat pump solutions. We run dynamic technical models to deliver detailed techno-economic assessments of the project performance based on hourly heat demands and available heat resource. Our design engineers are highly qualified with academic grounding in heat transfer, hydrogeology engineering, and energy transfer.
Our services include:
- Assessment of heat resources including river, aquifer bore holes, gravel water boreholes, mine water, waste water (sewers), lakes, waste heat, marine, and ambient loop systems
- Detailed feasibility for heat pump systems
- Techno-economic modelling
- Detailed design and specification of heat pump systems
- Tendering, procurement, and contract management
- Project management for system installation
- Specifying and designing new or modified secondary heating and hot water systems to optimise the heat and cooling generated by the heat
- Renewable Heat Incentive accreditation