Sustainable Energy has provided discreet specialist technical due diligence services for a number of high profile clients, comprising both technical and economic appraisal of renewable energy systems, energy networks and assets. Recent appointments have included: Acquisition due diligence (comprising financial, contractual and technical review); review of performance and lifetime expectancy of renewable power project for major banking corporation; technology review for leading UK energy company; business plan review for investment fund.
Our services are confidential, clearly defined and based on the wealth of experience held within the senior consultant team.
For new build projects our due diligence services include:
- Analysis of the technical and financial merit of the development
- Review of the project developer and the overall viability of the project
- Technical assessment of the proposed technology and the overall plant design
- Analysis of whether the engineering and construction approach and resource would be sufficient to complete the project
- Review of the project capital cost estimates and major equipment contractual arrangements
- Review of current and required licenses and permits needed for project completion and operation
- Risk analysis identifying capital cost inflation risks, permitting concerns, construction and contract risks, and risk mitigation strategies
- Review of interconnection arrangements
- Technical review of the plant engineering and design relative to latest industry standards