Sustainable Energy provides feasibility assessments, technical advice, design and implementation support for the installation of a range of heat pump technologies, from simple air source applications to large scale water source heat pump applications for district heating schemes. Our recent projects have included assessment of a wide range of heat sources including marine source, water source, mines water source as well as horizontal array and bore hole ground source heat pumps.
We are independent of suppliers so we assess and advise on the the best heat pump solution, based purely on heat demands, available heat resource at the site and client objectives. Our design engineers are highly qualified with academic grounding in heat transfer, chemical engineering and energy transfer. This means our technical evaluation and system designs are based on sound engineering principles rather than simple rules of thumb.
Our services include:
- Detailed feasibility for heat pump systems
- Detailed design and specification of heat pump systems
- Tendering, procurement and contract management
- Project management for system installation
- Specifying and designing new or modified secondary heating and hot water systems to optimise the heat generated by the heat pump and to achieve optimum Seasonal Performance Factor (SPF); this allows Sustainable Energy to fully assess viability and to develop accurate and reliable financial models for long term operation
- Renewable Heat Incentive accreditation