Sustainable Energy provides feasibility assessments, technical advice, design and implementation support for the installation of a range of heat pump technologies. Our projects have included heat recovery air source, large scale closed loop bore field and open source heat pump applications for district heating schemes.
Designing buildings for compatibility with low temperature district energy schemes is combined with our detailed knowledge and experience of assessing heat sources including marine, river, mines water source as well as innovative bore hole and ambient source heat pumps.
We are independent of suppliers and advise and design for a wholistic approach to any heat pump solution. We run dynamic technical models to derive techno economic detailed assessments of the project performance based on hourly heat demands and available heat resource. Our design engineers are highly qualified with academic grounding in heat transfer, hydrogeology engineering and energy transfer. This means our technical evaluation and system designs are based on sound engineering principles rather than simple rules of thumb.
Our services include:
- Detailed feasibility for heat pump systems
- Detailed design and specification of heat pump systems
- Tendering, procurement and contract management
- Project management for system installation
- Specifying and designing new or modified secondary heating and hot water systems to optimise the heat generated by the heat pump and to achieve optimum Seasonal Performance Factor (SPF); this allows Sustainable Energy to fully assess viability and to develop accurate and reliable financial models for long term operation
- Renewable Heat Incentive accreditation