Under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, Principal Designers have a new and important role in managing and co-ordinating the pre-construction phase of a project and eliminating or reducing risks to health and safety throughout the subsequent phases. Decisions made during the pre-construction phase can have a significant impact on the health and safety of everyone affected by the works and the subsequent long term operation of the installation.
Sustainable Energy can provide suitably qualified and experienced Principal Designers to undertake the duties set out within the Regulations. Our designated duty holders have undertaken APS (Association for Project Safety) accredited training for their specific role and all of our key staff hold Professionally Qualified or Managerial level CSCS cards for site visits and construction phase risk assessments.
Our Principal Designer services include:
- Complete ‘Principal Designer’ designated duty holder service
- Development of Pre-Construction Information Pack and document review
- CDM documentation and compliance review
- Health and safety risk, issue and opportunity management
- Design and Operation risk assessments
- HAZAN and HAZOP reviews
- Advice on Client and Principal Contractor duties and legal obligations
- Development and maintaining of Health and Safety file
- Residual Risk identification and advice